RULES AND TERMS
Short documentaries and fictions are preferably under 30 min long but not longer than 45 min.
Feature films are 60 min and up.
International films are very welcome to compete in the Best Features and Best Short category.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREMIERE STATUS:
Arthouse Asia does not demand an international or national premiere requirement.
We accept any films completed after 1st January 2016.
Please submit subtitles for all work.
WORK IN PROGRESS OR ROUGH CUTS are not eligible.
All films are viewed by the festival programmers and/or the jury. Each film is viewed a minimum of two times, rated, and will move on to the next stage based off of those ratings. Our programmers and jury will make final decisions and notify filmmakers accordingly.
All decisions are final and feedback for individual films is not available.
FESTIVAL SCREENING FORMAT:
All films will screen at the festival in DVD or in MP4 file at the Doab. We will nominate according to categories listed above and select the winning film in each category in the official selection. Winner is entitled to use to laurels on poster and all marketing material.
For officially selected films, only transport costs between screening locations during the Festival are covered by the Arthouse Asia. This does not include screenings organized by the producer or rights owner of a film. In a case of loss or damage to a print, the Arthouse Asia will not reimburse any amount.
-Arthouse Asia reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
– Films selected may not be withdrawn from the festival program after its registration.
– Arthouse Asia will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
– The festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
– Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the right to screen and not to screen the winning films.
– Only producers, directors, and main actors/actress can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony. Regardless of their winning status, winning filmmakers who can’t attend the Awards Ceremony, will only receive laurels. We reserve the right to decide which nominated films that will be a part of the screening of 2018 based on the quality of their showcase Blu-Ray or DVD as well as program schedule. Winners will be announced online and in press. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
CHANGES AND ALTERATIONS:
The festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
The duration of this agreement shall commence as of the date of submission by Owner and terminate at the close of the current year’s festival.